Hereunder we have provided helpful information regarding the relevant Visa process, however, it is still your sole responsibility to follow up on the correct procedure should anything have changed since our last investigation into this process.
South African passport holders need a VISA to enter Austria.
South African passport holders have to schedule an appointment for submitting their visa application in person at the Austria Visa Application Center(s).
Visa applications take up to 15 calendar days to process.
How to Apply
• All applicants must apply in person at the embassy in Pretoria: 1109 Duncan Street, Brooklyn, Pretoria
• Appointments must be made by phone by calling: 087 940 3471, you will be required to pay a fee of €13.58 by credit card over the phone, or you can prepurchase a PIN from Pick `n Pay for €17.44 (in Rands) which you will enter on the phone. This call will allow you to query further info required and schedule an appointment with a consultant.
• This information was correct at time of publishing but we always advise that you check all the visa requirements on the consulate’s website before purchasing flights and again before applying for the visa.
Cost of Austrian Visa
Cost is €60 per adult
Amount is payable in Rands, cash to the consulate, check with consulate for current exchange rate (tip: take more than enough money if unsure of the exchange rate, in small notes, this will make it easier if the embassy does not have change)
Austria Visa Requirements
• Completed application form
• South African Passport valid for at least 3 months beyond your date of return with at least 2 fully blank pages
• Two recent passport-sized colour photographs (specify to your reputable photographer it is for a Schengen visa)
• Copy of paid-for return ticket from South Africa to Austria
• Proof of foreign exchange purchased or suitably high credit card limit shown on a statement (R600 per day if you have pre-paid accommodation)
• Proof of prepaid accommodation – special requirements exist if you’re applying to stay with someone in Austria, enquire directly with the consulate for these
• Travel insurance covering medical and repatriation costs up to €30,000
• Proof of employment/full-time study (eg letter from employer/educational institution stating you are taking leave and when you are expected back)
Kindly note that it is mandatory to make an appointment for submission.
Submission Timings: 08:00 to 12:30 and 13:30 to 15:00 Monday-Friday
Passport retrieval time: 10:00 to 12:30 and 13:30 to 16:00 Monday-Friday
Please contact our call Centre +27 (0) 124253001
between 08:00 to 12:30 and 13:30 to 16:00 Monday – Friday
Address: 1st Floor Rivonia Village, Corner Rivonia Boulevard and Mutual Road, Sandton, Johannesburg
Address: Unit 409, 4th Floor, 91 -123 Cowey Road(Problem Mkhize), Essenwood, Durban, 4000
Address: Office 504, 5th Floor, 47 On Strand, Strand Street, Cape Town