Hereunder we have provided helpful information regarding the relevant Visa process, however, it is still your sole responsibility to follow up on the correct procedure should anything have changed since our last investigation into this process.
UAE – South African passport holders need a visa to enter the United Arab Emirates
(This is includes the countries of Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Ras al-Khaimah, Fujairah, and Umm al-Quwain)
The easiest way to apply for a UAE (Dubai) visa is online via Emirates or Etihad.
Alternatively, if you are flying with another airline, you must apply in person at the Dubai Visa Processing Centres (DVPC), also known as VFS Global, in South Africa.
Processing time can take up to 7 working days.
The earliest you can apply for a UAE (Dubai) visa is 3 months before you travel.
In the case of the 96-hour visa, we suggest applying about 2 weeks before travelling.
All Dubai visas have the following requirements:
• Completed Application Form
• A copy of your return flight ticket
• Two colour photographs with white backgrounds (4.3 x 5.5 cm)
• A colour copy of the first 2 pages of your passport (must be valid for 6 months after you leave the UAE)
• A letter from your bank stating that you will have enough funds available while in the UAE
• A letter from your employer proving your employment and the position you hold
• Hotel booking confirmation
• Travel itinerary